dometic RM2410 tune up

The guy I bought my 1985 dolphin from told me the fridge did not work. I tried to run it off gas and it looked like it was lighting or trying to light through the peep hole but it must have been going out because it was not getting cold. I then open up the outside compartment and pluged the cord from the fridge right into a cord running from my house outlet. The thing worked! It seemed to get plenty cold and the freezer got cold too. No my question is how do I tune up the gas parts of the fridge to get that working. I have found the manual online that says clean certain parts once a year and stuff and I am sure this one has not been touched. Can anyone tell me the common parts that need cleaned on these fridges and where I can find them on the unit? Thanks

Pull the little tin cover off (one screw) and see if there is a carbon build up around thermo couple and the gas port if there is just carefully scrape it off.

it is in the back of the ref- you will see cover there--- clean orafice --- also purge the gas lines -- usually lighting stove top will purge air out of lines -- then tryn to switch back to gas on ref and try to ligh again--- you will only have a small flame--that is all that is needed to run ref on gas

I have found the manual online that says clean certain parts once a year and stuff and I am sure this one has not been touched. Can anyone tell me the common parts that need cleaned on these fridges and where I can find them on the unit? Thanks

Getting the fridge running on 120v is a good sign. Your boiler is functional.

What I would try next is to light the burner manually with a match. This is accomplished from the outside compartment. Remove the sheet metal burner cover on the lower right side of the fridge apparatus. It is held in place with a single sheet metal screw. At the fridge door, set Knob A to Gas and have a friend hold Push Button C (thermocouple bypass) while at the same time you hold a match to the end of the burner tube. (it has half a dozen slots across the tip)

Hopefully the burner will ignite. Hold the bypass button a few seconds to get the thermocouple heated up.

Shut off the GAS!

Assuming all your valves are functioning properly, a tuneup consists of removing the brass gas orifice and making sure it is clean. (it is to the left of the burner tube about 3/4")

Remove the plastic cover to the left of the burner assembly. (two sheet metal screws)

Remove the spring clip on the copper thermocouple tubing and then the burner tube assembly (one machine screw holds the assembly in place) You will have to disconnect the piezo ceramic lighter to get the assembly out. Clean out the tube itself. Check the thermocouple copper tubing flare nut fitting for tightness. (finger tight plus 1/4 turn)

Clean (small wire brush) and re-align the thermocouple over the burner tube. It should protrude 2 slots over the burner.

My burner tube was choked with fine rust that had come from the chimney. (120 miles of dirt washboard roads on the last trip)

I'm no gas fridge guy, but it all seemed very straight forward.