Cross-Country Trip

bottochea

Hello all,

Fairly new to the forum so if there is a specific section/thread of the forum that answers my question below, please feel free to point it out to me.

Just got a '93 Warrior with a rear dinette setup and am preparing for a cross-country trip for three months. I have not done any type of RV'ing before so my primary questions is regarding memberships and subscriptions to national groups and foundations.

I am thinking about enrolling in AAA foremost but if you have any other general recommendations regarding campsite, national park memberships or roadside assistance programs please let me know.

Thanks for all your help.

Sinan

Welcome Sinan;

Might want to take a look at "Good Sam" they are RV oriented.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Hello Sinan,

At least from Indiana to Wyoming, be sure to take advantage of Walmarts, rest stops,

and Pilot and Flying J gas stations. Most Walmarts and rest stops allow free over

night sleeping (park and sleep), which is great if you are just trying to get the

miles behind you. A lot of rest stops and McDonalds have free Wifi access.

I found that a lot fo the Flying J truck stops had free dump stations and water.

Check out small towns on your trip, I found that a few have RV sites in their city

parks for about $10 a night (electric and access to water), check out their websites.

Also, especially if you have kids, check out what towns have public swimming pools,

nothing like a $1 to $2 swim stop to relax from being on the road a while.

Also, I think Flying J has a discount card for gas (check their website), every little

bit helps and Flying J truck stops are usually one of the lower priced gas.

Dennis...

• 2 months later...

Good Sam has a towing package too not a bad thing to have and discounts at many campgrounds.