Toys are getting better gas milage and cost more?

craige

Is it just my imagination or has the price of toyota campers gone up this spring? As gas prices go up so does the demand for toy RVs. Another benifit is they seem to be getting better gas milage. I just saw an add with 25 mpg listed. I have never gotten beter than 15 and usually get 12. Maybe I should sell my rig and buy one of these magic campers.

i get a kick out of the mpg claims in adds these days. the last time gas was high, seemed like every other add in the classifieds claimed "great mpg!" 1980's suburbans, fullsize sedans with v8s, didn't matter- great mpgs!

• 2 weeks later...

25mgp is not in the formula at all by any of toyota Rv's. You're lucky to get 15 maybe going down hill. I avg 12.5 and downhill at 15. Without using brakes. I am a light weight traveler and using my rig loaded or empty it seldom will exceed what I claimed.

If you go shopping for those high mpg rigs, better believe a crook is probably selling the rig. Honest joes, wouldn't claim such a

sale of 25mpg.