Sunrader Awning Rail Install

I'm getting ready to install my awning rail on our 1986 Sunrader. We will be using a Carefree Campout bag awning.

Does anyone have any experience or advice about installing the awning rail? I have looked everywhere and have found surprisingly little info out there. I'm not sure if I should use rivets, screws or bolts to install the awning or what. What's the best place along the roofline to install? What will I encounter once I start drilling into the fiberglass? How do I use rivets if I can't get to both sides of the rivet, anyway?

Thanks!!!!

A

We just replaced our old awning on the side of the Sunrader with a new Carefree box awning. Bolts through the side of the camper work well (we reused existing holes) with appropriate support plates/washers inside.

-andrew

• 2 years later...

deprivation - Did you get that awning installed on your Sunrader?

Stevo, Deprivation has not logged onto the forum for more than two years and he only made two post while he was here. But you might try his private email address to reach him.

On older dated postings if you don't get a response try checking the member's profile to see if they are still active.

Many times once the person gets their projects completed they quit coming into the forum.