contact cement for aluminum

gjewers

Need to replace the floor in the cab-over section of my rig. It was smashed by an Oak tree this winter and I will do a resto article on it later. Currently need advise on some kind of adhesive for applying the bottom side sheet aluminum to the cab-over flooring. Any ideas? Thanks as always. gj

It is for the outside, (underside) aluminum skin. I found a 3m product in the meantime "contact adhesive #10" which is designed for aluminum without having to etch and prep the metal. Hard to get retail though and comes from the factory minimum of 4 gallons at a time. Thanks. gj

id try pl 400 or some other polyurethane based const adh. on a sample. Curious do you plan on gluing alum to plywood from below in between framing or glue them together then screw down together?

To answer the last two replies...Most adhesives require aluminum to be etched and prepped chemically whereas the stuff I found does not. Guess I would rather pay the extra $$ than put in the man-hours as I need to glue insulation board to the aluminum too.

I am going to laminate the aluminum to the new floor then attach it to the newly constructed metal frame with screws and probably some liquid nails for good measure as I don't plan on doing this again. :)