Side Mirrors

Green Valley Lady

The side mirrors on my 1982 Vader have a rectangular flat mirror on top and a small convex mirror below, held by a metal post through the back of both mirrors. The silvering on the convex mirrors on my Toy has been so badly worn/damaged that they are almost useless. I tried to get replacements or resilvering here in Tucson, but everyone just shook their heads. "Too old" usually applies to me, not my motorhome.

On the internet I found a manufacturer, Pure Plus (a/k/a pureplus.com) , with an almost exact replacement configuration. The part number is #210. Price was good too. Steve Carson, the Customer Service Manager, (steve@sureplus.com) agreed to send me a pair even if I'm not a dealer. They fit perfectly.

In January I can put historic license plates on my Toy. Hope there aren't any rules about what can be replaced without violating the "historic" rules like they have for houses.

In January I can put historic license plates on my Toy. Hope there aren't any rules about what can be replaced without violating the "historic" rules like they have for houses.

I can't say what state to state regs are for historic plates, but here in oregon they have antique and S/P (special purpose) plates for old ,25 year and older rigs. Its a one time fee deal with no renewal, but it limits the use to special purpose stuff such as car shows, parades, ect. and can be fined if used on daily drivers trying to beat the system of not paying them their yearly or bi-yearly liscence fees. Modifications don't seem to matter as I see them on many hotrods and muscle cars at car shows with many modifications over stock.

• 3 years later...

The side mirrors on my 1982 Vader have a rectangular flat mirror on top and a small convex mirror below, held by a metal post through the back of both mirrors. The silvering on the convex mirrors on my Toy has been so badly worn/damaged that they are almost useless. I tried to get replacements or resilvering here in Tucson, but everyone just shook their heads. "Too old" usually applies to me, not my motorhome.

On the internet I found a manufacturer, Pure Plus (a/k/a pureplus.com) , with an almost exact replacement configuration. The part number is #210. Price was good too. Steve Carson, the Customer Service Manager, (steve@sureplus.com) agreed to send me a pair even if I'm not a dealer. They fit perfectly.

Thanks for the info on the mirrors. I need mirrors for my New Horizon Toy and just purchased a used set off of a Sunrader here in the classifieds that needs new mirror heads. I found the mirrors at www.sureplus.com. Pureplus.com came up with a diet site which I probably need, but mirrors first. :) Thanks again

NAPA has them or can get them either white or rather pricey stainless. I bought some for mine and they had 12 in stock.