Hi ToyPeople:)

As the Toyota pickup was never available in the UK with the 22R engine I'm finding it hard to get hold of a drive belt for the dash AC. If anyone has a make/reference/part number I'd be very grateful! Due to various issues Nelly has only made one short trip in the 2 years I've owned her but I'm determined to put some miles on her this year:)

Thanks!

Andy.

Silly question, but was the 22RE available? Have you tried what is spec'd for the 22RE?

Fan belts are usually available with different 'standard' cross-sections in different length. If you can find a used (even broke) one that's the right x-section but wrong length, you could run it around the correct 'path' and measure how much length is missing. Then you could march down to Halfords and say you want one like 'this' and 'this ' length.

It seems that 22R Toyota belts are 36 degree angle. I see depths listed at 0.50" & 0.36". I'm not sure which would be correct for your application.

I'm not sure which manufactures are common on your shelves, but Gates is a 'biggie' here.

http://www.gates.com...ocation_id=3598

BTW, where are you over there?

Should be able to take your old belt to any auto parts store and they can measure it.

If you don't have the belt, take a piece of rope, re-position the belt tensioner so it doesn't touch the rope, then stretch the rope around the pullies and mark it.

I've used the rope trick many times to replace missing belts.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Thanks Derek, good advice! I'm in Dudley, West Midlands:)

Andy.

Silly question, but was the 22RE available? Have you tried what is spec'd for the 22RE?

Fan belts are usually available with different 'standard' cross-sections in different length. If you can find a used (even broke) one that's the right x-section but wrong length, you could run it around the correct 'path' and measure how much length is missing. Then you could march down to Halfords and say you want one like 'this' and 'this ' length.

It seems that 22R Toyota belts are 36 degree angle. I see depths listed at 0.50" & 0.36". I'm not sure which would be correct for your application.

I'm not sure which manufactures are common on your shelves, but Gates is a 'biggie' here.

http://www.gates.com...ocation_id=3598

BTW, where are you over there?

Thanks John! The rope trick is the way to go as there wasn't a belt on when I bought it. Aircon isn't often needed over here but having the option is worthwhile:)

Andy.

Should be able to take your old belt to any auto parts store and they can measure it.

If you don't have the belt, take a piece of rope, re-position the belt tensioner so it doesn't touch the rope, then stretch the rope around the pullies and mark it.

I've used the rope trick many times to replace missing belts.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

You may need to take the belt back (to small or to large), so check with the store and make sure its OK.

Spin your idler pulley by hand to (the tensioner) make sure its free and doesn't make any grinding noises. Same for the Compressor pulley/clutch, should also spin freely.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto