Coach for a tall guy

Riverpark Eric

We're in the process of purchasing our first Toyota, and I've noticed a considerable height difference between the coaches. I'm 6'3" and don't want to constantly duck and/or smack my head on the ceiling.

I've noticed that Winnebago's seem taller on the inside. Any insight?

Thanks so much.

Eric in Sacramento

Tallest are the Odyssey (by an inch). Next (of the common ones) are the Winnebago and Dolphins plus most of the 'stick builts. Shortest are the Sunraders. But I think even the Odyssey is listed at 6'-3" (not counting the light and A/C) so you're going to be ducking, no matter what. Winnies and Dolphins are 6'-2". The good thing is that they're all short, so all you'll be doing is taking a few steps bent over and then sitting down somewhere. Standing to cook (if you cook) will be a bit tiring. Worst of all will be using the showers (any of them) because they all lose height because of the shower pan. Some go to the trouble of installing a skylight in the shower for the headroom/

I don't have the actual dimension, but an Odyssey is supposed to be the tallest. You also have to worry about the drivers seat moving back far enough.

Good point. AFAIK, the V6 cab is roomier. That's what I've got and the only I have experience with.

The Odyssey 1991 brochure lists the 'Interior Height' at 6'-3". Exterior height at 8'-4" (Odyssey) and 8'-0" (Odyssey Americana). They say the Americana is lowered without losing headroom. Not sure how they managed that!

I didn't know that about the Odyssey. Thanks for the tips. I grew up on a small sailboat, so adapting to a small space shouldn't be that difficult. Granted, I was a kid and didn't smack my head on everything. poster_oops.gif

I'm 6'0" my head will touch lights and vents if I'm walking, not hard enough to knock stuff off, just a light touch. I don't need to intentionally duck, but jumping jacks or out.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

I have an odyssey and a sunrader. sitting side by side, the sunrader looks like it would fit inside the odyssey. i am 6 ft. in the sunrader i rub against the ceiling. in the odyssey i have at least a few inches. they are a bit wider as well.

you definitely want to look at odysseys for sure. you will still whack the AC unit and might even have to hunch a bit elsewhere.