City Water Connection

Hello everyone. We just got back from a week long spring break trip with the kids. Everything went good with the toy except a few things i want to ask here about. I filled my holding tank before leaving home. This way the kids could use the bath room if need be and i would not have to stop as often. They turned the pump on to use the bath room and water shot out of the city water connection. I would assume this connection has a valve in it that might have gone bad?? Would replacing this connection with a new one solve this? Also i noticed after being hookied up to city water on the forth day of the trip the carpet around the toilet was damp. Not really really wet but just damp. Any idea what could be causing this? The park we stayed at said they had 160 pounds of pressure when i checked in. The said to hook up my pressure regulator on the faucet and then put on the hose. I did this. I need to get these few items fixed as we are going to NASCAR and camping in the Toy in a few weeks.

Eddie in Texas

Yes there is a little valve in your connection I don't think you will be able to replace it with out replacing the entire fitting how ever it maybe nothing more then a piece of some thing stuck in the valve. Try turning the pump on and sticking your finger on the little button that is just inside of the fitting that will open the valve and maybe flush the piece out. I doubt that the campground had 160 psi of water pressure but usually it's more then you want hooked up to your MH so using the regulator is the proper thing to do. Did the leak go away after you stopped using the city water? The leak could be all kinds of things from pipes to fittings to the water heater (if it lives back there) just some thing you'll have to track down.

I am not sure about the water shooting out of the inlet.

I had a similar damp carpet one time. Mine was leaking under the kitchen sink, a little water trickled down the lines and ended up hitting the flooring under the cabinet right next to my water holding tank, which made me think I hit it my tank with a nail or staple when I re-carpeted. I got lucky as that was not the case, I got under there and tightened all the fittings I could see and my leak went away. I found it was best to check all the water lines every year as they seemed to leak a little from time to time. My city water connection had to be replaced because it also started to leak bad one year, I think the weight of the water hose might have slowly wore out the fitting or split the metal.

Good luck finding/fixing the leak...

• 5 weeks later...

I am not sure about the water shooting out of the inlet.

I had a similar damp carpet one time. Mine was leaking under the kitchen sink, a little water trickled down the lines and ended up hitting the flooring under the cabinet right next to my water holding tank, which made me think I hit it my tank with a nail or staple when I re-carpeted. I got lucky as that was not the case, I got under there and tightened all the fittings I could see and my leak went away. I found it was best to check all the water lines every year as they seemed to leak a little from time to time. My city water connection had to be replaced because it also started to leak bad one year, I think the weight of the water hose might have slowly wore out the fitting or split the metal.

Good luck finding/fixing the leak...

AND - wouldn't it be nice if we could obtain a plumbing schematic for each of our particular toys? If anybody has any idea if such an animal is available somewhere for the Toyota '92 Warrior 321RB, please let us know. Thanks. We had a problem with ours (plumbing) this past weekend but did eventually get it fixed. It would be nice if we knew where else plumbing problems might occur.

Ron 'n Sue

Hello everyone. We just got back from a week long spring break trip with the kids. Everything went good with the toy except a few things i want to ask here about. I filled my holding tank before leaving home. This way the kids could use the bath room if need be and i would not have to stop as often. They turned the pump on to use the bath room and water shot out of the city water connection. I would assume this connection has a valve in it that might have gone bad?? Would replacing this connection with a new one solve this? Also i noticed after being hookied up to city water on the forth day of the trip the carpet around the toilet was damp. Not really really wet but just damp. Any idea what could be causing this? The park we stayed at said they had 160 pounds of pressure when i checked in. The said to hook up my pressure regulator on the faucet and then put on the hose. I did this. I need to get these few items fixed as we are going to NASCAR and camping in the Toy in a few weeks.

Eddie in Texas

We had that problem and installing a new city water regulator fixed the problem, finally. Then another pipe connection blew this past weekend. Finally resorted to getting a couple of connectors from an r.v. place. It might be still leaking a drip every 8 hours or so, but it's not a big problem anymore.

Plumbing diagrams available at: http://www.winnebagoind.com/resources/manuals/, You can search for your particular model here as well.

Ron 'n Sue

on Tuareg (Winnebago Warrior '92)