Dolphin water, gray, black tanks

old goat

I have a 1983 Toyota Dolyphin model 700. I have tried searching but can not find out what each tank holds. I think the fresh watep is 21 gal. but nothing else and need to know as we are planing to boondock.

Hi--we have owned three toyhomes and they all were about the same as far as capacity goes. Fresh water was about 20 gallons and each waste tank held about 10 gallons. May I suggest you fill each tank and drain the tanks (one at a time) into a container and measure the contents?

Hi--we have owned three toyhomes and they all were about the same as far as capacity goes. Fresh water was about 20 gallons and each waste tank held about 10 gallons. May I suggest you fill each tank and drain the tanks (one at a time) into a container and measure the contents?

Thanks for the reply. Need to get under the rv to fix the monitor systen so will measure them. It would be easier to measure the water going in and than water out. Thanks to you both.

A while back saw a list that gave the tank sizes for each model but can not locate it now.

This from the Yahoo Group:-

"When we bought our '86 Dolphin I filled each tank, then drained it

into a 3Gal bucket and counted bucketfulls. Turned out Gray was 18Gal,

Black was 24Gal and Fresh was 24Gal. So I discarded the Gray Tank and

plumbed Gray water into the Black Tank...Now when it is time to fill

Fresh, it is time to dump Black."

Thanks for the reply. It would be easier to measure the water going in and than water out. Thanks to you both.

MUCH easier. FWIW my 86 Escaper has 12 gal black and gray tanks