We recently brought home our latest project,a 21ft RBR Mini-Cruiser and of course the roof needs repair,its sagging down at the A/C and in a heavy rain the water just pours in.We knew it had been leaking when we bought it but had no idea how badly it leaked.

The roof is aluminum and covered with what looks like many coats of the white cool seal coating carelessly applied,peeling up in many places,the A/C is caulked all around with some white caulking and appears to not have any gasket at all.I have not yet removed the 5/8 plywood patch the previous owner put in to replace the ceiling in the area of the A/C so i may have more bad news waiting for me.

My question is do any of you fellow Toy owners have an idea of anything that will soften the white roof sealer so i can remove it,i dont seem to be getting anywhere trying to scrape it off as it is and i am concerned about damaging the aluminum skin with sharp scrapers digging hard.Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Don

Harbor Freight has a nice selection of non-wire, wire wheels. They are different types of plastic. What I couldn't scrape off with a putty knife I used one of the wheels on.

Derek

Thanks for the link, i will give them a call when i get a chance,if i learn anything of value i will post it here.

WME

I have used those 3M abrasive wheels that may turn out to be a good idea i certainly try it,Thanks

Don