Plugged in and have no power

hippinikster

My electrical when plugged into shore power is not working? I am trying to figure out what is going on with my electrical. All dc current working fine and ac current works fine when generator is running. I can run the air conditioner etc. But when i plug in i get nothing? I have my panel pulled out and opened up. I noticed when i removed the top plate on the breaker box there is a "generator transfer switch" the ground wire on my power cord is not connected. Should i ground the wire with the generator ground?

My electrical when plugged into shore power is not working? I am trying to figure out what is going on with my electrical. All dc current working fine and ac current works fine when generator is running. I can run the air conditioner etc. But when i plug in i get nothing? I have my panel pulled out and opened up. I noticed when i removed the top plate on the breaker box there is a "generator transfer switch" the ground wire on my power cord is not connected. Should i ground the wire with the generator ground?

Yes your ground wire should be connected to a FRAME GROUND! I can't say your generator is grounded to the frame for sure but your power cord really needs to be if you have questions ask a local guy that knows motor home 120 volt wiring. Try switching your switch to the other setting it probably is the answer to your power problem.

I am wondering if you hear the "click" sound at the transfer box when you plug into land power ? You have to be close to hear it. Perhaps your transfer switch is not transfering the power. It should switch to the land line when you plug that in and to the generator when that is running. Does anybody know what it does if your landline is connected and someone starts the generator?

It says here in the fine print it will switch to generator power if it's on to avoid charging the power line (well we hope it does). I think the default is shore power and the generator pulls up the relay to switch. I like mine it's either plugged into the world or the generator no question there.