Melted interior light cover

Kensandiego

No, This isn't normal. Should be able to run the lights until the battery is dead.

Check that you have the correct bulb.

Interior should be 1141 (1.4 amps).

The 1156 (2.1amps) runs hotter and brighter, and could melt the lens.

Also check to make sure the socket didn't get bent and is to close to the lens.

Google RV Interior Lights or RV Interior Lens. Returns a lot of on line places that sell the lens.

! agree with waiter, sounds like the wrong bulbs. Someone thought they were doing a good thing to get brighter lights. Even so after awhile those lens covers crystallize just below the bulbs. Try these guys. Just select your state and someone close to you so they get the commission. They have allot of lights and replacement covers, Might also be a good time to try the $5 LED lights from eBay.

Excellent.

I replaced most of my interior lights with LEDs. They consume about 1/10th the current, which makes for great battery life when boondocking.

Excellent.

I replaced most of my interior lights with LEDs. They consume about 1/10th the current, which makes for great battery life when boondocking.

I've got a couple melted covers, too. Glad to hear replacements are out there. Waiter, where did you find LEDs to fit???

LEDs e-bay. I originally bought a couple of the 1141 replacements. But RVDayTrader posted about using LED Circuit card.

The 1141replacement I bought are acceptable for lighting, but are not acceptable for reading (not bright enough).

The one RVDayTrader referenced look acceptable for reading, so I ordered a few of those.

Heres the link to his post:

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3615

LEDs e-bay. I originally bought a couple of the 1141 replacements. But RVDayTrader posted about using LED Circuit card.

The 1141replacement I bought are acceptable for lighting, but are not acceptable for reading (not bright enough).

The one RVDayTrader referenced look acceptable for reading, so I ordered a few of those.

Heres the link to his post:

http://toyotamotorho...?showtopic=3615

Thank you. I'm not quit sure from the pictures if I'd have to do anything other than plug these things in with that adapter. And are the LEDs on that plate?