this will be my first Toyota RV (huntsman). it has 157000 miles on it and I would like to change the engine oil,manual trans fluid, & rear differential fluid. would you suggest conventional or synthetic?what brand to you feel is good quality since I will buy the best. what weight do you suggest? thanks to all replies :first:

OK, synthetic would be great for the trans and the rear but IMHO I would stick to good old 10W 40 for the engine I just think it is a good ideal to change it after sitting all winter and it would not make much sense to dump out expensive oil much sooner then necessary. Now if you use it all winter (it was -29 yesterday morning so as you might guess mine is still in the garage)synthetic would work fine.

thanks for the info. its been mild here in colorado springs, but ya never know....

OK, synthetic would be great for the trans and the rear but IMHO I would stick to good old 10W 40 for the engine I just think it is a good ideal to change it after sitting all winter and it would not make much sense to dump out expensive oil much sooner then necessary. Now if you use it all winter (it was -29 yesterday morning so as you might guess mine is still in the garage)synthetic would work fine.