I would really like to have an awning installed. There is a lip that runs across the top where an awning would install, not sure if that is the function for it, but it doesn't appear that there ever was an awning. Can anyone give me some input on how to approach this?

A much easier and less expensive option is an EZ Up canopy. It stows in it's own bag easily inside, doesn't require drilling more holes into the coach and will probably save you $500+ compared to buying an awning that mounts. I use one and it works quite easily. Link to some here:

http://tinyurl.com/4hscz8p

The top edge of your awning goes in that chanel, I purchased a awning, installed it my self for under $500. Dealer wanted $1200. Only needed 2 hrs, and after doing it I could probible install one in under 45 min.

A Proper awning, easy to open and close (takes about 1.5 min.) . awning keeps the dew off your furniture, gives you a place to sit in the rain, and keeps the sun from baking you. a place to hang your lights from. I would never be with out one.

PS if you need more info or tips on install E Mail me at pdinc2@msn.com

Dale

From WI

A much easier and less expensive option is an EZ Up canopy. It stows in it's own bag easily inside, doesn't require drilling more holes into the coach and will probably save you $500+ compared to buying an awning that mounts. I use one and it works quite easily. Link to some here:

http://tinyurl.com/4hscz8p

That's actually what I've been using, but the awning seems like it would be a better choice. Not sure if I want to invest the kind of money I've been quoted though.

The top edge of your awning goes in that chanel, I purchased a awning, installed it my self for under $500. Dealer wanted $1200. Only needed 2 hrs, and after doing it I could probible install one in under 45 min.

A Proper awning, easy to open and close (takes about 1.5 min.) . awning keeps the dew off your furniture, gives you a place to sit in the rain, and keeps the sun from baking you. a place to hang your lights from. I would never be with out one.

PS if you need more info or tips on install E Mail me at pdinc2@msn.com

Dale

From WI

Do you have any literature or links that show the awning you used?

I have a 92 Warrior that i would really like to add a awning to as well. I am looking into the box awnings and would to get the optional add a room with it. Does anybody on this site have a add a room that they can tell me more about? Possible give me pictures of what they have installed and the model numbers they chose?

Eddie in Texas

Another thought would be the type of awnings used on tent trailers. I seem to recall from my previous pop up trailer, there was a rail that the 'bag awning' mounted to. I know those are typically less than box types, so that may be something to consider as well.

Give some thought to the braces. A bag awning the braces go down to the ground which may be soft, plus ropes and stakes. The other kind have braces on the diagonal which go to the side of your Toy. But I doubt if just any place on the side will work. The side of my Dolphin is a framework of 1 inch square wood covered on the outside with very thin plywood 1/8 inch thick or less then finished with a fiberglass panel less than 1/16 inch thick. (The inside is covered with 1/8 plywood without the fiberglass.) I can't tell how far apart those 1 inch pieces are or where they are, but I don't like the idea of mounting the bottom of an awning brace halfway between two of them where the only strength is 1/8 inch plywood. Does anybody know how to deal with this?

When this subject first came up, I downloaded the instructions for an awning. Don'tremember which one it was, but they specifically instructed you to attach the arms at floor level using lag bolt to go in to the floor. Fair enough, but they made no provision to find anything to find anything solid to attach the awning rail up above, so it seems they were just using self tapping screws in to the siding & insulation. If I was doing a fresh installation, I think I'd feel a bit safer through bolting in at least a couple of spots. Better that than watching your awning disappear in your rear view mirror on the highway!