Pinstripe repair

adventure_girl

• 2 weeks later...

Our pinstripes were worse (87 Dolphin) and my wife was in a hurry. She scraped all the loose decal off, got acrylic craft paint at a craft store (Joann's), and hand painted new decals over what was left of the old. When paint dried she applied clear acrylic auto finish spray to seal the acrylic craft paint. All went well with the weather over the fall and no flaking. We'll see how the winter goes. (Michigan, +15F, snow 15 inches) She had been an art student in high school and college so has the fine motor skills to make straight lines with straight edges. Up close the brush strokes are obvious but at ten feet the decals look nice and at thirty feet they look factory. It depends on what you want, what you can live with, as well as your ability to get somebody else to do what you don't have the abilty to do.

Does she have a sister??? :rolleyes:

... She scraped all the loose decal off, got acrylic craft paint at a craft store (Joann's), and hand painted new decals over what was left of the old. When paint dried she applied clear acrylic auto finish spray to seal the acrylic craft paint. All went well with the weather over the fall and no flaking....

Did she paint over the old decals that couldn't be removed??? I'm thinking of doing the same thing, then shoot the whole Coach portion with clear coat.

• 5 weeks later...

Does she have a sister??? :rolleyes:

Did she paint over the old decals that couldn't be removed??? I'm thinking of doing the same thing, then shoot the whole Coach portion with clear coat.

Yes she did.