need mew decals/stripping

BJ RV

Just purchased a 1991 Toy Winnebago Warrior and the decals and stripping are faded and peeling. Has anyone removed old decals/stripping and replaced with new? How easy or difficult is this? Anyone know of any professionals who do this work? Thanks.

Just purchased a 1991 Toy Winnebago Warrior and the decals and stripping are faded and peeling. Has anyone removed old decals/stripping and replaced with new? How easy or difficult is this? Anyone know of any professionals who do this work? Thanks.

I have heard you can buy an eraser thing ama bob that goes in a drill to help remove the old ones. New stripes are available just do a google srarch for "rv stripes". Might even be info there on how to remove the old ones.

I used a heat gun/hair dryer and a plastic putty knife to remove the crux of it. I played with some solvents and plastic wool to remove the remaining adhesive. A word of caution. Do not rub too hard with the putty knife or plastic wool. Even though they are plastic, you can scratch the paint.

The paint underneath has never been exposed so it is like new and a different gloss and color. I didn't want to put the tape back on so I used rubbing compound and good car polish to blend it in. Those decal tapes aren't made to last so I never want to see them again.

Good luck

I used a heat gun/hair dryer and a plastic putty knife to remove the crux of it. I played with some solvents and plastic wool to remove the remaining adhesive. A word of caution. Do not rub too hard with the putty knife or plastic wool. Even though they are plastic, you can scratch the paint.

The paint underneath has never been exposed so it is like new and a different gloss and color. I didn't want to put the tape back on so I used rubbing compound and good car polish to blend it in. Those decal tapes aren't made to last so I never want to see them again.

Good luck

Thanks for the replies. I've found a company in Arizona that's specializes in restripping and new decals. They've quoted me $1800-2000 to do the job. Does this sound reasonable? Anybody know what this kind of job should cost? Thanks much. BJ