Honda Generator

Guest hiinthesky

Guest hiinthesky

Need some pros and cons on Honda generators. I am thinkng about two Honda 2000i that can be run in parallel or one Honda 3000i Handi. Only having to lug one (3000i) around makes sense. Two (2000i's) might be nice if I dont need all that power in some situations or location. I am told that the 2000i by itself may not run my AC (reason for two in parallel). I dont know this for sure as I have not picked up my 1987 Sunland Express yet. I do know the AC is a Coleman, not sure on the size.

Just wondering if you ever had a situation where a second small gen would have come in handy like for outside lighting around your EZ up tent or could take one down to the bank for power for night fishing or for electric cooking outside of the Toy or small TV outside of the Toy ect? I guess most people plug the RV into the 30 AMP and plug the rest of your eletric needs into the 110v plug-ins???

I am new to RVing and dont really know what my power needs will be as of yet. I just dont know how much I want to rough it.

I do have an earlier post under general talking about the 1987 Sunland Express I bought sight unseen other then pictures. I hired a RV Tech to go and check it out. He gave the SLE a very glowing report. Said everything is in working order and gave it an overall rating of 8 out of 10. I will pick it up on 1-1-2011. I am 90% sure I will make the trip to Quartzsite at the end of Jan. Just havent decided on the days I want to attend yet.

Edited by hiinthesky

How much is a 3000 watt? Don't the 2,000's run about $900 and then there is the connector cable too. 3,000 watts will run pretty much any thing you'll throw at it.