Propane Regulator and Hose Replace

waiter

Reference the photo.

The hose has a small leak where it goes into the regulator. I think the regulator also has a small leak.

I'm thinking or replacing everything, and switch over to the new style hand tighten stuff.

Rather than put the regulator on the end of the hose that screws into the tank, I was thinking of mounting the regulator on the pipe that supplies all the appliances (lower right of photo)

A 3 or 4 ft hose would screw into the regulator, and the other end would hand screw onto the tank valve (ACME fitting).

Also would need to either get an adapter for the tank, or replace the valve assembly on the tank.

Any thoughts or suggestions?????

John MC

88 Dolphin 4 auto

post-4544-076500600 1292793825_thumb.jpg

post-4544-082403500 1292793840_thumb.jpg

I don't think you'll fine a horizontal tank with the screw on pol they do however make a soft nose fitting that has a thumb wheel on it that you don't need a wrench for. The regulators have two different size pipe threads so you'll have to come up with a hose for the small end and some thing to convert the tapered fitting to the large regulator end. Maybe the tapered flare fitting comes out and just leaves you with a pipe thread. I see why you want to change it that looks like a right pain to deal with. Try this outfit they probably have what you'll need---http://www.propanewarehouse.com/brassfittings.asp