There are several postings about folks that have done this overide, but no one comes right out and spells it out. At least I can't find where anyone has. I have an 86 Dolphin with auto tranny, and of coarse if has done the no OD above 4k feet. I live above that number, so would like to know how this is actually done.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can outline this for me.

Edited by cabinguy

• 2 weeks later...

There are several postings about folks that have done this overide, but no one comes right out and spells it out. At least I can't find where anyone has. I have an 86 Dolphin with auto tranny, and of coarse if has done the no OD above 4k feet. I live above that number, so would like to know how this is actually done.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can outline this for me.

Found the answer, unplug the transmission relay and run a jump wire with a switch in it, between the 2 terminals where the realy was. It's the two that are opposite each other, overdrive working fine now.

• 2 weeks later...

The relay is located on the housing right next to the brake pedal, it is on the part of the bracket that would mount the clutch pedal if it were a standard transmission. Hard to miss it, mine is blue in color and it even says transmission relay on it{after you dismount it from mentioned bracket you'll see it printed on the side} Is three wires going to it.

Thanks for taking the time to post your solution. Could you add info on where the relay is located? Thanks again.