Kohler 2.5 for parts

McShank

My Sunrader came with a Kohler 2.5 generator that I have removed. It ran for awhile, had carb cleaned, ran some more but was really loud. I have replaced it with an Onan Microlite, so if anyone out there wants the Kohler for parts or project you are welcomed to it. I will be at Quartzite in January and could bring it with me. Or pick it up at my home north of Phoenix.

Seamus McShank

My Sunrader came with a Kohler 2.5 generator that I have removed. It ran for awhile, had carb cleaned, ran some more but was really loud. I have replaced it with an Onan Microlite, so if anyone out there wants the Kohler for parts or project you are welcomed to it. I will be at Quartzite in January and could bring it with me. Or pick it up at my home north of Phoenix.

Seamus McShank

I just sent your post to someone who might be interested --regards - Dan

Seamus McShank

Hi Seamus,

I would love to have the Kohler generatoer. My sister-in-law lives in Phoenix and I could have her pick it up and pack it for shipment to me in NC. Please email me at pheckerson@hotmail.com so I can get the particulars to do this. Thanks a lot. Happy Holidays!

Have you checked to see what the shipping cost would be to NC from AZ?

Happy Holidays Derek,

No I have not checked shipping charges yet as I have not heard back from Seamus yet. Have my SIL lined up to pick it up when I hear back from Seamus.

I rsponded to toycoach but have not yet heard from his sister-in-law. I think the weight is 125 lbs. plus I have a small muffler and remote start switch which might add another few lbs. I'll be glad to have it be useful to someone.

Seamus McShank

My Sunrader came with a Kohler 2.5 generator that I have removed. ... I have replaced it with an Onan Microlite...

Seamus McShank

My 1992 Winnebago Warrior 321RL has a working Kohler 2.5 with a recently rebuilt carbureto... but, DANG, that thing is noisy, so I am interested in your switch to the Onan Microlite. Would you be willing to share your experience in making the switch? How hard was it? Did you take pix? What problems did you encounter?

My 1992 Winnebago Warrior 321RL has a working Kohler 2.5 with a recently rebuilt carbureto... but, DANG, that thing is noisy, so I am interested in your switch to the Onan Microlite. Would you be willing to share your experience in making the switch? How hard was it? Did you take pix? What problems did you encounter?

The main problem was to increase the size of the opening in the floor because the Onan is wider and deeper than the Kohler. I also had to relocate one section of floor support and have it welded to the inside of the frame for clearance at the back and at the same time move the right-side bracket over so both are better centered under the Onan. I built a box with top to enclose it with insulation all around the inside and caulked completely in. I had found a used one and had it serviced, was told it ran great and tested out fine but now I have it installed the starter is giving me some trouble and won't engage. This guy backs up his work so this will be only a slight delay. We're going to Quartzite in a few weeks and would love to have it running by then; also, I began this months ago and if I don't put the couch back together again soon and clean up my construction mess I'll be in too much trouble to think about Quartzite.

Seamus McShank