Fresh water inlet dripping

krilov

Where you screw the hose on, there is a rubber o-ring that any hardware store sells. It looks like one is in there, but it might be dried out. Also make sure the hose is screwed on tight enough. Next in, just inside of where you'd spin the fitting to tighten the hose is another leak point. If it's here, I believe you need to replace the whole assembly that you see there. Your looks metal and that may take some searching to find. All the ones i recall are plastic. If you replace, it's held on by 2-3 screws and whatever type of sealant is under it. I'm not sure how it connects to the pipe inside. You should be able to pull it out just a little and peek. Maybe easy, may take some plumbing skills.

Try the o-ring first. It's probably under $1.

Oh, almost forgot a very important thing. Are you hooking the hose straight onto this fitting? If so you should go to Wal Mart or an RV store and get an RV water pressure regulator. They are about $9 at Wal Mart and found in the RV aisle of the Automotive area. It could be that too much water pressure is causing the leak. Had that happen on a 5th wheel once. Regulator made the leak quit.

I noticed this dripping. Any ideas how to stop it?

med_gallery_4277_236_121827.jpgmed_gallery_4277_236_150004.jpg

The inlet has a check valve built in it. Replace the inlet unit unit or do what I do and buy a 2.00 screw in plug with strap to hang it i the inlet, Keeps dirt out.

Edited by Raymond

Try turning the pump on and pushing the little button on the middle it's a valve to keep water from getting out when the pump is on. If it's nothing more then a bit of dirt stuck in the valve back flowing it may do the trick. Be advised you may get a little wet!

Has anyone ever installed a pressure reulator permanently in the plumbing system, rather than having to keep screwing one on and off? Or is there generally no room just inside the wall?

Try this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000R3G2JS?&tag=shopwiki-us-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325

Raymond: Is that the silver thing I see in the middle? What is it's function? Do all styles of fresh water connectors have that?

My inlet is at the bottom just before the side ends. To replace mine I would go under the side and cut the inlet pipe.Then I would put a new unit on and connect it back to the plumbing. Would need a fitting to connect to the unit, then a short cpvc pipe and a coupling. I have found that cpvc glue works great with the old gray plumbing,

Here is a site that sells a fresh water connector that has a built in regulator. I am going to use it for my motor home.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000R3G2JS?&tag=shopwiki-us-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325