Went to start my 86 Escaper And the battery was almost out of juice. The motor cranked but wouldn't fire and just before the battery gave out I heard three dings from what sounded like the ecm unit.

After charging the battery the engine cranks fine but still won't fire. Before I get into checking all the usual problems any advise? I'm curious as to the source of the dings.

I have checked and there is spark. Haven't gotten to the fuel pressure.

Thanks

JB

And the ECU is located on the right passenger side (kick panel). At least it is in my 87 22re. After many tests, my mechanic finally figured out that mine was shot. There are a lot of other things to check first, which I'm sure others will be able to give more advice on.

Thanks for the reply

Dings sounded like they came from inside dash.

Never heard them before and I've had this Toyota for six years.

Checked fuses and found nothing blown

Checked cold start injector and no fuel pressure.

Next I'll check pump for power

Went to start my 86 Escaper And the battery was almost out of juice. The motor cranked but wouldn't fire and just before the battery gave out I heard three dings from what sounded like the ecm unit.

After charging the battery the engine cranks fine but still won't fire. Before I get into checking all the usual problems any advise? I'm curious as to the source of the dings.

I have checked and there is spark. Haven't gotten to the fuel pressure.

Thanks

JB

The dings were probably from the key buzzer making strange sounds from lack of battery interesting thinks happen when the voltage drops too low. You need to find some one with a fuel pressure gauge the pressure is very important to the overall operation and of course starting. Just opening a line will not tell any thing other then there is gas it needs around 35 psi to run you can get a lot of gas from an old carb fuel pump but it's only about 3 psi.