Can I run without a transmission throttle cable?

Those guys are expensive (100.00) and it looks like hard to replace. Is their

only function to kick down the tranny on acceleration? I can do that manually

for the next trip. It looks like the sheathing broke at the transmission. Thanks, Kim.

no ajust shift timeing and presher can also slip $ 100 is good price..... trans overhull =12to18 hund good luck.. dodad..... ps i work at a transmission shop

Nope you'll cook it it's more then a kick down cable it controls the shift points it will shift way too soon. The pan has to come off so it would be a good time to service it also. Yes you can hold it in gear if you change the selector but it's not a good ideal little hard on the unit.

The pan has to come off so it would be a good time to service it also.

Service? Other than putting in new fluid and checking the strainer, I don't know what else to service. Are there band adjustments and other stuff in there?

Any info would be welcome. I ordered the cable and gaskets -- so far about 200 bucks. Thanks, Kim.

Edited by Sunnynshare

Service? Other than putting in new fluid and checking the strainer, I don't know what else to service. Are there band adjustments and other stuff in there?

Any info would be welcome. I ordered the cable and gaskets -- so far about 200 bucks. Thanks, Kim.

No bands in that trans. Yes the filter new fluid.