roof leak

mikie

Well, 6 fixes down many to go. My next project is to fix a leaking roof. I replaced the foam gasket between the airconditioner and the roof. It still leaks water. A. How tight should the nuts be bolted down on the gasket? B. Any suggestions as to applying roof sealent? I bought 2 gallons of "Black Jack" ultra roofing 1000 elastomeric coating. Am I good so far? Now what?

Well, 6 fixes down many to go. My next project is to fix a leaking roof. I replaced the foam gasket between the airconditioner and the roof. It still leaks water. A. How tight should the nuts be bolted down on the gasket? B. Any suggestions as to applying roof sealent? I bought 2 gallons of "Black Jack" ultra roofing 1000 elastomeric coating. Am I good so far? Now what?

If you bought the "black" Black Jack you probably bought the wrong stuff. The white elastomeric roof coating is the stuff to use. On a hot day, the interior of your motorhome will be unbearably hot from the black roof coating and the stuff gets pretty soft and runny. So soft that leaves and other junk will drop into it and stick there permanently. Get the white stuff that's applied with a brush or roller and put at least two coats on the roof.

John

If you bought the "black" Black Jack you probably bought the wrong stuff. The white elastomeric roof coating is the stuff to use. On a hot day, the interior of your motorhome will be unbearably hot from the black roof coating and the stuff gets pretty soft and runny. So soft that leaves and other junk will drop into it and stick there permanently. Get the white stuff that's applied with a brush or roller and put at least two coats on the roof.

John

The roof coating is white siliconized coating. I think I'm OK there. It states it has a 10 year wear. I'm told to apply 2 applications. Are there any precautions or just clean and roll?