when adjusting valves be patient and make sure adjustment is exact. I had to pull my valve cover off twice because the first adjustment was not correct ,had a slight kocking on one of the valves,second adjustment was righton. Before the adjustment the engine ran rouh at idle,after the adjustment the engine purred like a kitten. This is a fairley simple procedure and well worth the effort and time.

• 2 weeks later...

An easy way to deal with 22RE valve adjustment is to make absolutely certain you have one or two valves set right, then run down the line and clickety-clackety each rocker arm. If one is out of adjustment, you'll be able to feel and hear it. I got to where I could set one with a feeler gauge, then do the other three by feel (checking with the gauge afterward, of course). Spin the crank 180, then repeat.

Make sure the ends of the adjustment screws are not worn, which will make it impossible to set and hold a proper setting.

• 2 weeks later...
Make sure the ends of the adjustment screws are not worn, which will make it impossible to set and hold a proper setting.

Do these wear on an angle, I am not sure if I am following exactly what area gets worn. About how many miles on an enging before these screws should be replaced when doing a valve adjustment?

• 1 year later...