Battery won't stay charged

Tofteland

I have a 79 sunrader, (i have never owned a minihome), I noticed it has two batteries one for the car and the other i assume for the inside. one of them has cables, the other doesn't - i would assume it should (My brother-in-law gave me this minihome)? It was starting a couple of weeks ago, and I have been trying to charge the main battery. Anyone have in info on this?? I do not have a manual.

Thanks

I think we have the same rig. Mine uses a battery relay/isolator. This relay allows for the alternator to charge both batteries when the car is running and when the engine is off, it "isolates" the batteries so that you don't run down your engine battery by running all of your electronics in the "house" part of the rig. It's easy to install and mine had one already it was jut old and rusty so i replaced it. Mine was mounted to the fender by the wiper motor of the truck battery side. http://stingerelectronics.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=91&CategoryID=2

Someone had halfa** wired an isolator which looks like a metal box with fins but it appears that they never finished. That operates on a nother prinicpal and requires wiring the alternator to the isolator and other stuff I'm not too familair with.

Search the files section on thei site there is a sunrader manual that will give you a general understanding of the rig but specifics are going to be hard to find. There are some wiring charts for newer models that will help you get an idea of how most RV;s are wired.

Good luck and post some pictures of what your are trying to figure out and I will do my best to walk you through what I know about it.

-John

O

Thank you soooo much that helps a lot.

I think we have the same rig. Mine uses a battery relay/isolator. This relay allows for the alternator to charge both batteries when the car is running and when the engine is off, it "isolates" the batteries so that you don't run down your engine battery by running all of your electronics in the "house" part of the rig. It's easy to install and mine had one already it was jut old and rusty so i replaced it. Mine was mounted to the fender by the wiper motor of the truck battery side. http://stingerelectr...91&CategoryID=2

Someone had halfa** wired an isolator which looks like a metal box with fins but it appears that they never finished. That operates on a nother prinicpal and requires wiring the alternator to the isolator and other stuff I'm not too familair with.

Search the files section on thei site there is a sunrader manual that will give you a general understanding of the rig but specifics are going to be hard to find. There are some wiring charts for newer models that will help you get an idea of how most RV;s are wired.

Good luck and post some pictures of what your are trying to figure out and I will do my best to walk you through what I know about it.

-John

O