Making my "wet bath" wet again.

86rader

We bought the Sunrader 3+ years ago. A PO decided toyhouse showers were overrated and yanked out the pan, put down plywood and vinyl.

We've used it as is and for the most part didn't miss it.

Now, after stumbling across a 90 Odyssey a few weeks ago, I have decided to put our beloved sunrader on the block at feebay. i am selling it with the inderstanding there is no shower. ofcourse, i've gotten a few questuions about putting one in and am throwing around the idea of doing it. trouble is, i can't find a drop in replacement pan. so i am considering a few options.

option a: make a mold and take a shot at making a fiberglass custom one.

option b: Put down a good quality vinyl floor and put in some epoxied baseboard, silcone the oooo out of everything and put a drain in it. i think it will work OK. This is afterall an occasionally used shower, not a bathtub. it doesn't need to be designed to hold a foot of standing water.

option C: Use a piece of epoxied on all sides 3/8 plywood. lat strips of varying thicknesses under. Srew it all down with brass screws and epoxy over it again. the varying thicknesses should allow for proper grading of the floor for proper draining. i would use the epoxied wood baseboard and silicone with this as well.

anyone have any experience with this? or maybe know where i might find a proper fiberglass premade one? the bath is about 38x27.

I think Sunrader made their own pans. Here are some others though.

http://www.go-rv.com/coast/do/catalog/page?dealerId=1901&pageNum=339

And here is a Sunrader someone is selling all the parts from. Maybe they have just what you are looking for.

http://www.toyotamotorhome.org/classifieds/viewlisting.php?view=951

• 2 weeks later...

i don't know nuttin' 'bout it either, but, i never let that stop me!!!!!!!!!!!

someone from the yahoo group located what appears to be the correct pan. i may order it or i may give the mold idea a shot. it will only cost me about 25 bucks or so in material. and it would be fun to see if i could do it. if it works out well, i might even take a whack at home made fender skirts. my driver side is missing.

I saw overseas poeple put down plywood and vinal over it with silicone the sides wall seems and overlap at the floor so the water rolls over down to floor seems like a cheap idea to do I did a search on y-tube for homeade campers and found a few . check it out Sorry no links to foward