A few weeks ago, my 83 Sunrader 22R 4 spd manual started missing under load. I finally found the time this weekend to do it's first tune-up since I bought it 5 years ago. It always ran smooth and plenty of power so I didn't touch it, other than valve adjustment. The PO always took it to an independent shop to have it serviced regularly.

Anyway, I bought plugs, distributor cap, plug wires and rotor button and started to pull the plugs. Plug number 1 had loosened up by itself enough that it was losing compression, same with plug 2. Plug 3 was loose. Plug 4 was so tight, I had to use penetrating oil to remove it. Installed 4 new plugs with anti-seize compound and torqued them correctly and installed all of the other new items. Runs like a jewel again.

I brought this up just in case someone else has the same symptoms: loss of power, cutting out almost like it was having fuel starvation.

Check your plugs!

Allen

Thanks I wish every one would post an answer to a problem they found after submitting it we all can learn from that.

• 1 month later...