Lost Power from the Deep Cycle

Hey Everyone,

I clicked on the furnace in our 1984 Dolphin and after about 10 seconds all power shut off. I checked all the circuit breakers and fuses in the coach and under hood, replaced the deep cycle battery and still no power. Any ideas? If I plug the rig in everything works again. help.gif

post-3140-1273290736161_thumb.jpg

It sounds lake you may have a relay problem in the converter/charger. There is a fairly large relay inside of the converter that switches between the battery and the converter and I believe it defaults to the battery so it sounds like it is stuck in the converter mode. Other then that check all of the connection from the battery to the fuse panel the fuses etc. are OK because it works plugged in. Most fuse panels have two lugs one for the positive and the other for the grounds the positive should have one heavy wire and the ground may have several wires the bigger ones go back to the battery.

It sounds lake you may have a relay problem in the converter/charger. There is a fairly large relay inside of the converter that switches between the battery and the converter and I believe it defaults to the battery so it sounds like it is stuck in the converter mode. Other then that check all of the connection from the battery to the fuse panel the fuses etc. are OK because it works plugged in. Most fuse panels have two lugs one for the positive and the other for the grounds the positive should have one heavy wire and the ground may have several wires the bigger ones go back to the battery.

I have an extra relay. Still in the converter but easily removed and mailed out! PM me if interested as I may miss the post here.