Two Weimaraners + 6000 miles = what??

Rader85

Hi there,

We're about to set off on a four-week, multi-state trip from Michigan to the west coast and back with our two Weims. I'm seeking any and all road trip wisdom from those of you with four-legged family members.

Thanks so much for your help.

Cheers,

Aaron Johnson

It will be a cramped especially if it rains. I have a Great Dane that is fairly exuberant and there is no room for him to play inside or even turn around so that can be a problem take plenty of rain gear. You may want to come up with some type of gate to keep them off of your lap while you drive too. I have a hard time leaving him so he usually wins and comes with us nothing is imposable. One other thing to consider is not all campgrounds except pets so it would be a good ideal to check ahead.

Thanks, Maineah.

Yeah, the potential for rain will definitely make things challenging. We'd better bring a few extra blankets for muddy paws.

They have been doing really well with staying clear of the cab while we're driving. I might want to throw a chamois cloth over my right shoulder though;)

We've looked into short-term kenneling in some areas where dogs aren't allowed on hiking trails. Hopefully we won't have much trouble booking pet-friendly camping on the west coast...

Cheers,

Aaron