Brake lights

chefhoffy27

i just bought a 1986 toyota escaper. put on new shocks, master cylinder, rear brakes, gas tank, and tuned it up. now the brake lights are not working. i've looked over all the wiring under the rv and checked fuses. i was wondering if anyone knows what side the brake cabel comes out of the cab?

i just bought a 1986 toyota escaper. put on new shocks, master cylinder, rear brakes, gas tank, and tuned it up. now the brake lights are not working. i've looked over all the wiring under the rv and checked fuses. i was wondering if anyone knows what side the brake cabel comes out of the cab?

?? Do you mean the parking brake or the wiring? Generally undisturbed wiring does not go bad, me I would start at the brake light switch. Check the switch one side should have power with the key on the other will not, depress the pedal and the other side should have power also. If it does prop the pedal with some thing against the seat and go to the back end. The light assembles have terrible connectors they are very problematic over the years they get dirty and lose the connection to the wiring both power and ground connections. While the lights are apart check the wire it's self if it has power you know where your problem is mind you there are two connections one is brake light the other is parking light make sure you have the right one for the brake.

?? Do you mean the parking brake or the wiring? Generally undisturbed wiring does not go bad, me I would start at the brake light switch. Check the switch one side should have power with the key on the other will not, depress the pedal and the other side should have power also. If it does prop the pedal with some thing against the seat and go to the back end. The light assembles have terrible connectors they are very problematic over the years they get dirty and lose the connection to the wiring both power and ground connections. While the lights are apart check the wire it's self if it has power you know where your problem is mind you there are two connections one is brake light the other is parking light make sure you have the right one for the brake.

thanks for your reply. i was talking about the wiring. as far as i know the brakes worked before i dropped it off at my mechanic. i thought he might have did somthing to pull the wires apart. everything else works. just no brake lights. i will check the switch. Thanks!!!

thanks for your reply. i was talking about the wiring. as far as i know the brakes worked before i dropped it off at my mechanic. i thought he might have did somthing to pull the wires apart. everything else works. just no brake lights. i will check the switch. Thanks!!!

That would make sense due to the brake work who knows maybe way out of adjustment bleeding the brakes would put the pedal right to the floor well beyond it's normal travel good place to start.