San Diego Rally April 16,17 2010

acudoc

We are having a rally in the desert east of San Diego. At Agua Caliente Campground. It is run by the County of San Diego.

There are 3 Hot Springs there. One is an indoor pool.

It takes place in the Caravan area. No hookups. But there is a very nice new covered area with tables, barbecues etc.

Restrooms, showers and the hot springs too.

It is only $10 per night , no fees to register.

We currently have 11 paid Toys coming. All are welcome. First timers come and meet others, and

see their toy homes.

The average high temp in April is a nice 84 degrees.

For more info acudoc888@gmail.com

Thanks Henry

• 2 weeks later...
...No hookups, barbecues, hot springs, only $10 per night, no fees to register, 84 degrees!
Sounds like a blast. This feels more like a camp-out than most of the private campground rallies I always read about.

Agua Caliente is an awesome campground, great hiking and sunsets, the stars are very vivid, the indoor hot pool is great. We have taken "Harvey the RV" there 3 times since November and our friends and kids love it. The caravan area is unmatched with 4 charcoal grills, private half moon firepit, private huge gazebo with night lights and parking for probably 20+ Toyota RV's, and the dump is only 200 yards from the caravan area. We camped with 10 families last month in the caravan area and we played washers and potlucked all weekend in the huge gazebo area, we played cards and music, it was great. Will have to see if I can get out for the rally!

Henry,

I try to send you an e- mail on this to get more info but with no reply as yet last sunday i drove to the area trying to find the place with no luck any help would be appreciated .

Thanks

Price

1987 toyota dolphin

We are having a rally in the desert east of San Diego. At Agua Caliente Campground. It is run by the County of San Diego.

It takes place in the Caravan area. No hookups. But there is a very nice new covered area with tables, barbecues etc.

We currently have 11 paid Toys coming. All are welcome. First timers come and meet others, and

see their toy homes.

Thanks Henry

Henry,

I try to send you an e- mail on this to get more info but with no reply as yet last sunday i drove to the area trying to find the place with no luck any help would be appreciated .

Thanks

Price

1987 toyota dolphin

Just google Agua Caliente Campground San Diego. I go 8 east to Ocotillo exit the north . It is a half hour or so from 8.

http://www.sdcounty.ca.gov/parks/Camping/agua_caliente.html. For more info call me at 858 488 two one 0 eight.

Henry

Just google Agua Caliente Campground San Diego. I go 8 east to Ocotillo exit the north . It is a half hour or so from 8.

http://www.sdcounty...._caliente.html. For more info call me at 858 488 two one 0 eight.

Henry

Directions: 111 miles from San Diego. From Ramona throughJulian: East on State Highway 78 to Scissors Crossing then south 26miles on Highway S2 to the park entrance. From Interstate 8: East onInterstate 8 and exit at Ocotillo, then 22 miles north on Highway S2 tothe park entrance.

Thanks Henry

Hi down there! GarryG from Vancouver Island calling.

My email sender wouldn't deliver to your published address, even when I removed the spaces that seem to have been inserted in the posting.

I'm a newbie to the site, and wanted to wish you a great time at the rally; wish we could be there.

My wife and I have a very well-kept but thirsty 86 GM Frontier 20' motorhome, but are hoping to find a really clean Sunrader in the next year. We figure to go to California in September or so to search - but could come sooner if one popped up. Have cash and would like to give a V-6 a good home and lots of wandering!

Fell free to pass my contact info along to anyone who might be selling - garry_gaudet@telus.net

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

see their toy homes.

Thanks Henry

How do I sign up donstauffer@yahoo.com

This sounds like a very nice event and the location and weather are appealing for sure. I have to wonder, though, why most of the rallies I read about involve venues with no hookups. I find our limited holding tanks and water tank capacities to be a major negative factor when considering any location without hookups. I hope that future rallies will use campgrounds with full hookups whenever reasonably possible.

Wayne.

This sounds like a very nice event and the location and weather are appealing for sure. I have to wonder, though, why most of the rallies I read about involve venues with no hookups. I find our limited holding tanks and water tank capacities to be a major negative factor when considering any location without hookups. I hope that future rallies will use campgrounds with full hookups whenever reasonably possible.

Wayne.

Hi Wayne, One of the great things about our motor homes is that they are self contained. NO hookups needed.

This works just great for a weekend getaway. The rallies I have been to in southern cal sometimes have water and electricity.

When I am away for a weekend sometimes I don't even use my fridge because of the hassle of leveling the rv.

That way I can move it with no hassle. Some ice and I am good for a few days no problem.

The rally in Agua Caliente has 15 on site so far and 4 more who made reservations with hookups.

So if you want they are still available.

As for water is is usually available on site and so are restrooms and showers.

Hope you come to our rally.

Henry