No 12 Volt Power

ranger

Installed a new coach battery today to power my 12 volt lights, pump, etc. Once I hooked up the cables no power, no lights, etc. Re-checked my wiring and according to the instructions on the invertor the black wire goes to the positive and the white goes to the negative cables of the battery. Checked fuses, breakers all OK. Everyting worked fine with the old battery. Hooked hoop just like the old battery was hooked up. Checked the new battery and it was OK.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Also, I have a large red wire (about the size of your finger) which hooks to the positive side of the battery which runs to what appears to be a resistor? block. Does anyone know what the block is or does?

So if you put the old battery back in it works? Check to see if you have 12 volts at the fuse panel should be a fair sized lug with around a #8 wire. No ideal about your big red wire generator maybe? Picture?

So if you put the old battery back in it works? Check to see if you have 12 volts at the fuse panel should be a fair sized lug with around a #8 wire. No ideal about your big red wire generator maybe? Picture?

No-replaced the old dead battery with a new one. Everyting was working fine prior to that.I checked the black and white wires at the fuse panel but no juice. Sounds like I have something wired wrong but I have recehecked several times. Hope it is not a converter problem. What do you think?

I think you are right on the red wire being the generator wire.

Thanks

Ramger

No-replaced the old dead battery with a new one. Everyting was working fine prior to that.I checked the black and white wires at the fuse panel but no juice. Sounds like I have something wired wrong but I have recehecked several times. Hope it is not a converter problem. What do you think?

I think you are right on the red wire being the generator wire.

Thanks

Ramger

Found my problem. I traced the black(hot) wire that hooks to the positive battery post and found an inline 30 amp fuse which was blown. Replaced the fuse and the problem is fixed. :ThumbUp:

Found my problem. I traced the black(hot) wire that hooks to the positive battery post and found an inline 30 amp fuse which was blown. Replaced the fuse and the problem is fixed. :ThumbUp:

Yea simple fix! Good job.

• 4 weeks later...

Yea simple fix! Good job.

In-line fuses at that amerage are prone to overheat and melt before they pop. If you ever find that you are going through too many fuzes, check to see if the fuze is melting before it breaks...if so, switch to a regular u-shaped auto fuze before blaming anything else in your electrical system.