New Jersey/New York boarder, please contact me. I will be traveling in

that area during that time period.

This would only be a one day/night Toy-In, at least for me. I would be willing

to collect information on those that have an interest, come up with a location

and date that would apply to as many as possible, gather information on a

campground and area activities.

Thanks,

Dennis...

Feel like driving as far as Maine? I would love to get one going here. I own 80 acres of land and have 1,800' on the river but the road to the river is not that good. There is however a large campground across the river from me that has all the amenities and I'm sure we could made a deal with them. We are minutes from Conway NH and the White Mountains.

• 1 month later...

Feel like driving as far as Maine? I would love to get one going here. I own 80 acres of land and have 1,800' on the river but the road to the river is not that good. There is however a large campground across the river from me that has all the amenities and I'm sure we could made a deal with them. We are minutes from Conway NH and the White Mountains.

hi maineah. i am in ct and would be very interested in a maine toy in this summer. where in maine are you?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All,

If anyone has an interest in a Mini East Coast Toy-In during the first

week of June, somewhere between mid-state South Carolina and the

New Jersey/New York boarder, please contact me. I will be traveling in

that area during that time period.

This would only be a one day/night Toy-In, at least for me. I would be willing

to collect information on those that have an interest, come up with a location

and date that would apply to as many as possible, gather information on a

campground and area activities.

Thanks,

Dennis...

I am in the town of Brownfield just south of Fryeburg Maine. The White mountains and the town of Conway NH 20 mins to the north and Portland Maine 1 hour to the south east. I have farm land with lots of space or we could make a deal with one of the two camp grounds that are located right on the river that have hook ups. Those that camp on my land would be considered guests and I will check the local camp grounds about their pricing. This is some thing I would very much like to do and look forward to seeing other Toy Home campers! Please feel free to PM me and let me know your thoughts, Tim (aka Maineah)

Count me in for Maine. Heck, I've already got a Toy sitting in Maine while I figure out how to get it home!

Good deal! I am going to talk to the campground people and see if they can make a deal for us. So OK Toyota lovers lets come up with an ideal on dates and I'll try and pull it all together.

I'll state my preference for doing it anytime outside of blackfly or deer fly season. What does that leave? January and February?

You are not going to let a few billion bugs scare you off are you?

Hey Tim/ Maineah...

Just a couple questions.

Number one.. How good a road is 279?

Number two.. You don't really have a Pig Street, do ya ?

Yes we do have a Pig St.and proud of it! I have a friend that moved down from Canada just to live on Pig St. well not really but she does live on Pig St. Pig St. is 1.5 miles from me. I'm not sure where 279 is I may know it by another name we tend to call roads by a local name. Is it near Brownfield/Fryeburg?

279 is in VT., as I see now. Mapquest had me going down to Boston, then up north toward you. I've been to Boston. Hate big cities. So, I re-directed Mapquest to other towns along the way. Albany, Concord, NH.,Brownfield. How good is Porter (or should it be PORKER ? Bwahahaha)Rd and 28. This would be an 1100 mile trip for me, so am kind of interested in the terrain.

John

Coming form Albany NY through VT is very hilly beautiful but steep. Where are you? I have sisters in Maryland and I don't do any thing that resembles I95 or any X95's so I do VT. western NY and PA. When I take off in the RV I head further north!

I'd cut across from Albany on Rt 4 over to Rt 100 and follow the Mad River up to I89. Note: If you go further North to take Rt 125 to Vermont, the bridge at Chimney Point is CLOSED and probably will be for years!

You could cut across from I89 by picking up Rt 302 in Montpelier or Barre Vt over to North Conway.

I'd cut across from Albany on Rt 4 over to Rt 100 and follow the Mad River up to I89. Note: If you go further North to take Rt 125 to Vermont, the bridge at Chimney Point is CLOSED and probably will be for years!

You could cut across from I89 by picking up Rt 302 in Montpelier or Barre Vt over to North Conway.

That would work, Franconia notch is breath taking any time of the year at least it's all down hill coming east through the notch!

From where ever you are in Michigan 90 to 87 to 2 (south) to 89 to 302 in Montpelier. I think there is a ferry in South Hero that,s a nice trip across Champlain saves a lot of time going all the way up to the end and back down then it's a short trip down 2 to 89. The trip across 302 is is pretty nice and Franconia notch in NH is worth the trip. Passports are not cheap and you have to deal with US customs, Canadians are fine it's the US side that is a pain. I cross a lot and it's all ways the US side that gives me a hard time passport and all it does not matter the last time I crossed they took every thing out of my car and put it in the parking lot and kept me for 1 1/2 hours because they could.

The ferry you're talking about goes from Plattsburgh (Cumberland Head) and takes about 12 minutes. Runs every 20 minutes, 24/7/365. It'll cut about an hour off your travel time vs going up to the top of Lake Champlain, right up at the Canadian border. There is another ferry further South that goes from Essex, NY to Charlotte, Vt. Much longer crossing (20 min) but very pleasant if the weather's nice. DOES NOT operate 24/7/365! And then there's the 'biggie' that takes an hour, from Port Kent, NY to Burlington, VT.

http://www.ferries.com/index.php

I should mention that at peak Summer holiday weekends, you might encounter quite a line up to get on the ferries! Just something to consider.

Once you get to 302 you are off the hiway but it is a pretty ride lots of places to stop and enjoy I have family in VT and I take 302 over often it's slower Americana.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello All,

I originally started this Toy-In topic but did not get any reponses back for any interest in a Toy-IN

between SC and NY so I did not end up planning anything. I am currently in NC, but am heading back home

tomorrow, so I will not be planning anything on the East coast.

I will be hosting the 4th annual Mid-West Toy-IN in Galesburg, IL (NE IL) the first weekend of October

in case anyone is interested.

Dennis...