More horsepower cheap

Islanderic

Islanderic here . For the 22r owners . more power, better gas. Pretty easy. If u look at the motor and start following the plastic intake hose air goes through to get to ur motor it's over 5 foot long goes through a squarefilter box and exits a snorkle in the coresupport much smaller than the throttle body opening. So with a soderig gun elictricial tape trips trip to parts store. I relocated the battery to the air cleaner position. Then at the parts store. A square to round adapter will let u use original aircleaner upside down. Or u can buy a cone shaped air cleaner. And I bought a 90 degree . That comes off the tbi opening turns toward(old battery position) square to round adapter for mass air flow sensor then filter of ur choice. Cone is louder u definitly here it breathing. Then with sodering gun and patients lengthin the mass air flow harness. one wire at a time. The throttle response, extra on ramps, fuel savings and better gas milage. In combination with a header like I had worth every penny. Makes the motor really sit up. Hope this helps. Pics when my daughter puts them up for me. Sorry

goodluck 0 yeah u can use all ur old tubing and box to look more stock and it is quiter. But the cone and less than 9" of tubing to pull air the same size as the throttle body opening Breathe easier run better. This alone really makes a diffrence. Has anyone else done this yet?

Looking forward to the pics. I'm currently rebuilding my '83 22r, should be back from the machine shop next week. I like cheap upgrades, especially when they increase power and save gas. I do need a new header (old one was cracked) any recommendations? I want to keep the EGR system. LCE makes a sweet one but I can't spend $300+, I'm already WAY over budget. Thanks for the info.

Kevin

Islanderic here . For the 22r owners . more power, better gas. Pretty easy. If u look at the motor and start following the plastic intake hose air goes through to get to ur motor it's over 5 foot long goes through a squarefilter box and exits a snorkle in the coresupport much smaller than the throttle body opening. So with a soderig gun elictricial tape trips trip to parts store. I relocated the battery to the air cleaner position. Then at the parts store. A square to round adapter will let u use original aircleaner upside down. Or u can buy a cone shaped air cleaner. And I bought a 90 degree . That comes off the tbi opening turns toward(old battery position) square to round adapter for mass air flow sensor then filter of ur choice. Cone is louder u definitly here it breathing. Then with sodering gun and patients lengthin the mass air flow harness. one wire at a time. The throttle response, extra on ramps, fuel savings and better gas milage. In combination with a header like I had worth every penny. Makes the motor really sit up. Hope this helps. Pics when my daughter puts them up for me. Sorry

goodluck 0 yeah u can use all ur old tubing and box to look more stock and it is quiter. But the cone and less than 9" of tubing to pull air the same size as the throttle body opening Breathe easier run better. This alone really makes a diffrence. Has anyone else done this yet?

K&N makes a very nice kit just for the 22RE they claim 2 mpg and more horse power.

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't find the kit, any link?

Thanks.

I've got a Warner two barrel carb. with a K&N filter that came with a chrome bottom and top plate that say K&N right on them. This little 22R breaths and runs great. I would suggest you go thru K&N filters and match the filter to the carb. you have instead of to the vehicle.

T.A.J.

Couldn't find the kit, any link?

Thanks.

I could not find them either! I wrote to K&N I'll let you know what they say. I'm guessing due to the age they have quit making them. I think the last of the 22RE's was 95.

I've got a Warner two barrel carb. with a K&N filter that came with a chrome bottom and top plate that say K&N right on them. This little 22R breaths and runs great. I would suggest you go thru K&N filters and match the filter to the carb. you have instead of to the vehicle.

T.A.J.

Thanks my 1987 Dolphin uses 22REC engine though, but thanks anyway.

Thanks Maineah, please let me know if you have found the part #, thanks.

OK here is the response from K&N:Hello,

I am sorry to say that we do not offer an intake system for your specific year. Thank you for your time. Have a great day.

Thomas Walden

Technical Support &

Sports Marketing

800-858-3333

ThomasW@KNFilters.com

So I guess they no longer support our 22RE's I did tell him it was for an "87" but my old "94" pickup was exactly the same as my "87" MH.

I know they did because I have seen them on the 22RE's and the users were pleased with the results oh well I had thought about one for mine also.

OK here is the response from K&N:Hello,

I am sorry to say that we do not offer an intake system for your specific year. Thank you for your time. Have a great day.

Thomas Walden

Technical Support &

Sports Marketing

800-858-3333

ThomasW@KNFilters.com

So I guess they no longer support our 22RE's I did tell him it was for an "87" but my old "94" pickup was exactly the same as my "87" MH.

I know they did because I have seen them on the 22RE's and the users were pleased with the results oh well I had thought about one for mine also.

Thanks Maineah for letting me know, I have a 87 Dolphin MH too, do you happen to know of a good inverter rated 1kw or above?

Thanks Maineah for letting me know, I have a 87 Dolphin MH too, do you happen to know of a good inverter rated 1kw or above?

Have a look at newegg.com and type in inverter in the search tab I'm not sure they have the best prices but it's a good place to start it's an easy site to use. I saw one that was 3,000 watt for lass then $500. Hope you have a big battery/batteries and some mighty big cables!