New Winnebago Warrior owner in Michigan

bdad80

Just saying hello,

After lurking at this site for quite some time, I decided to go out and buy a 1988 Winnebago Warrior. The unit I bought needs a substantial amount of work on the coach, but it is in great shape mechanically. I like to have a project to work on and thought this would be a fun project. In order to keep record of the work I'm doing I'm also writing a blog on it for anyone that's interested. My wife and I plan on taking a trip to Florida with it next winter so that is my motivation to get it completed. The interior is kinda rough and shows signs of some rot that I will need to repair. The outside is in pretty decent shaped other that the mass of silicone I need to remove around the front windows. I think getting that fixed and some serious cleaning will make a huge difference. I will post more as I progress, and probably ask questions as I go.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

I've spent the last week or so tearing the interior down so I could see the extent of the damage. I basically took out any thing that had any rot or delamination. My plan is to re-skin the interior walls with an 1/8" printed wall board and put an 1/8" white ceiling board on the ceiling. Here are some pictures of what I have right now.post-3269-12611926248887_thumb.jpg

post-3269-12611927548601_thumb.jpg

post-3269-12611928808226_thumb.jpg

I've spent the last week or so tearing the interior down so I could see the extent of the damage. I basically took out any thing that had any rot or delamination. My plan is to re-skin the interior walls with an 1/8" printed wall board and put an 1/8" white ceiling board on the ceiling. Here are some pictures of what I have right now.post-3269-12611926248887_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the club it's a labor of love you'll have a lot of fun when you get it all together. I'm so glad mine is fiberglass!

PLEASE keep the pictures coming. I am about to do the same thing with my Dolphin.

I'll be posting more pictures as I go, but there probably won't be many more picture until spring when the weather warms up. I may get started on the cabinets, and if I do I'll be sure to post pictures of them.

Welcome!

Also, since you are located in Michigan, the 4th annual Toyota MidWest Rally will be the first

weekend (1st-4th) in October in NW Illinois. Hope to see you there.

Dennis...

Hey Dennis,

I ended up installing a yakima system on the roof of my Dolphin. It works really good! I will post some photos this spring when we get the rig back out. Thanks for the advice you gave me back in the fall.

Hey Dennis,

I ended up installing a yakima system on the roof of my Dolphin. It works really good! I will post some photos this spring when we get the rig back out. Thanks for the advice you gave me back in the fall.

Hi Ben,

I'd be interested in seeing how you did that. I already have a Yakima rack setup on my Subaru, so it'd be great to be able to swap parts. I'd like to carry my canoe on the roof of my '84 Sunrader, but I'm hesitant to drill holes through the roof to do it.

-Brad