Holding tank-waste valve?

jocko

I am replacing my grey water tank. I can find a tank easy enough but the pipes coming out of them are 1"-3" and the waste valve on the broken tank iI have s 3 1/2". It is too big to fit on the pipe. Also I am told standard grey water tank pipes/valves nowadays are 1 1/2" to 2 ". Anybody know where I can get pipes and valves to fit on my new tank?

Also the tank is polyethlene and the pipes, valves are abs. I know you can't glue abs to poly. My old tank had a monster clamp and a bunch of white gunk that more or less stuck to the pipes and tank. What do I do about attaching abs to poly?

Jocko

I am replacing my grey water tank. I can find a tank easy enough but the pipes coming out of them are 1"-3" and the waste valve on the broken tank iI have s 3 1/2". It is too big to fit on the pipe. Also I am told standard grey water tank pipes/valves nowadays are 1 1/2" to 2 ". Anybody know where I can get pipes and valves to fit on my new tank?

Also the tank is polyethlene and the pipes, valves are abs. I know you can't glue abs to poly. My old tank had a monster clamp and a bunch of white gunk that more or less stuck to the pipes and tank. What do I do about attaching abs to poly?

Jocko

there should be a flange where the waste valve bolts to with 4 holes around the pipe, if not make one out of whatever you can glue. i just bought a new 3" bladex valve made by valterra from ebay for likle 15 bux brand new.

• 1 month later...

Just been working on my waste valves. The grey water tank has a large rubber hose coupler with two hose clamps on it. one attaches on the exit of the tank the other around a large abs reducer fitting. It is something like 3" to 1.5" which is what my valve is. there is about 3 inches worth of 1.5" abs pipe before it hits the glued flange of the tank valve arrangement.

I'd be looking for the rubber splice and start finding abs reducers to match. good luck.