running propane furnace and fridge on incline? whats the deal

D J Dolphin 86

Regarding the frig. If you're parked and have not leveled the camper then the flame will heat the side of the smoke-stack rather than allowing the heat to flow upwards. Long story short you're gonna damage the smoke-stack. And for the record this is what my rigs previous owner told me. I'll occasionally cruising up and down hills in remote areas with little traffic and no damage has been caused so far. Just avoid using the propane while parked too off from level.

As for the furnace, if the end where the heat exits (exterior wall) is pointing up you should be fine, however. Most likely the furnace isn't putting out as much heat as it would if the rig was level.

Not a good things to run the fridge if it's not level it does bad things to the fluid inside. When you are driving it's not a problem because the movement of the camper mixes the fluid up. Here's a pretty good explanation of how your fridge works... http://bryantrv.com/reefer.html

As far as your heat I don’t see a problem with that the exhaust is fan forced so it does not need a draft.

Not a good things to run the fridge if it's not level it does bad things to the fluid inside. When you are driving it's not a problem because the movement of the camper mixes the fluid up. Here's a pretty good explanation of how your fridge works... http://bryantrv.com/reefer.html

As far as your heat I don't see a problem with that the exhaust is fan forced so it does not need a draft.

I added a small fan 2.5 inches by 5 inches on the inside to move air across the vents and up to the freezer and then back. It greatly improved the cooling of the fridge. I have not tried it but I have also seen fans that move the air through air the exhaust in the back of the fridge. They claim that they will also help. If anyone has tried those I would like to know if they helped. Tony D.

I added a small fan 2.5 inches by 5 inches on the inside to move air across the vents and up to the freezer and then back. It greatly improved the cooling of the fridge. I have not tried it but I have also seen fans that move the air through air the exhaust in the back of the fridge. They claim that they will also help. If anyone has tried those I would like to know if they helped. Tony D.

I added two 3" 12 volt fans to cool the condenser but I only have to turn them on when the weather is really hot or I'm parked in the sun. The fridge will only cool a certain amount below air temp so if it's quite hot the fans will defiantly lower the temp in the fridge.