LED Rear Lights for 1979 Sunrader

yoyoman

Hi and thanks for all the help w/ these motorhomes! :D

I thought I had seen someone posting links to led tail light assemblies (blinker, tail, breaks) that fit into Sunraders. I have a 1979 Sunrader and am looking to replace my old ones with leds. Thanks very much for any help finding these.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - Not being able to find led replacement tail/blinker/reverse lights, does anyone know where I can find just any replacement rear light panels that will fit a sunrader? thanks very much for any help or direction!

Hi yoyo,

I replaced one of the Reflect-O-Lite model 4100 (no longer available) triple tailights on my '84 Sunrader with a Bargman #84 series long tail light. The #84 long requires a 16 1/8" X 3 5/8" opening. The height is the same as the original light, but its about two inches shorter. I plan to fill in the open space with a fiberglass patch, but so far, its just covered with duct tape.

The #84 series lights are also available with LCD lamps, but I couldn't justify the additional expense.

Take a look here.

Just use LED bulbs. You can get an LED to fit just about any automotive bulb size.

It should be known that if you install LED lights, that because they draw only fractional amounts of current, will not operate your thermal signal flasher at a normal rate, your blinks will blink as if a light has burned out-really fast. To combat this, you either need to install ballast resistors, which negate any efficiency of the LED, or purchase a solid state signal relay, which isn't concerned with the load, and is designed to flash at a pre set rate.