Subwoofer?

ChrisGalipo

• 3 weeks later...

I installed a Kenwood KSC-SW10 subwoofer. Placed it vertical behind the driver seat, on the couch frame.

It works Great. Mounted the control box to the side of the radio with some velcro.

Next time I have the couch bottom board off, I am planning on reinforcing the section where the subwoofer mounts, probably add another layer of plywood to stiffen it up, decrease some unwanted vibrations.

I tried using the switched power feed from the radio, but this was for the antenna motor, so only worked when the Radio was on. Nothing for the CD or Tape. So I finally mounted a lighted switch right above the radio for the subwoofer.

My original intent was for under the seat, but it was too thick. It may fit other seat options, but not under mine. Besides, that is where the snow shovel goes.

It sounds great, has an adjustable crossover and volume control, and is self powered.

Tap into the front speaker wires, a fat 12v source, a dedicated ground and switched power.

John

Edit: Finally got a couple photos. The blue rolls are my tool boxes.

post-1817-1262736946776_thumb.jpg

post-1817-12627369581638_thumb.jpg

You may be able to mount it in its own speaker box under the RV through the floor with an opening for the sound. It's what I am going to do to save space. Also, make sure you silicone the heck out of the enclosure to keep water from going into the speaker. Mount it where the opening through the floor goes into an area where little traffic is, but I can't say where it should be placed. Make sure it's a sealed cone unit if you go this route, so dust doesn't get inside. I've heard of people doing weirder things.

• 2 weeks later...

I used a "zoom tube" type subwoofer behind the driver's seat. There's not a lot of room and this was just about all I could come up with. It sounds OK

subwooferAmpSunrader.jpg