Toy Bandit Advice

tlava

Hi All--

Just bought this on Ebay--

Did I make a mistake? Buyer's remorse--adtually, discomfort; seller claims replacement engine with 80k, but no documentation, a mechanic put it in in his spare time, no contact information for machanic, etc.

Says drives great, no probs. etc., everything working, cruises ok at 65-70, oil and fluids recnetly changed, new tires, new radiator when engine installed, etc. Rust appears to be surface, which I could grind out and retouch. But wondering how those particular spots began rusting...

Looks like a good deal; acc. to price guidelines, should be worth about 7k, right? (maybe less because a popup?)

Anyway, I'm hoping to resell as is at least to recoup my expenses, so will probably list w/2.1k reserve, or may do some remodeling: like taking out bench seat and converting that to a fold-down dinette w/front and rear facing seats; a translucent plexi wall to separate toilet area, and perhaps a wrap-around shower curtain for privacy? maybe also an outdoor shower, or maybe take out some of the kitchen counter and move stuff to make room for a bath area?

wondering if the fridge is 3-way and if so how it vents.

also considering a window on that back wall, some way to fashion a screen door for back door...

any suggestions/ideas about any of this? esp. where to get those ceiling mount shower rings?

any thing I should watch out for w/this?

can contact direct at tlavazzi@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Hello out there.... no advices por moi? I'll be driving back from ND toward NY this TH-FR--meet at a Starbucks along the way? South Bend Wal-Mart?

Hi All--

Just bought this on Ebay--

Did I make a mistake? Buyer's remorse--adtually, discomfort; seller claims replacement engine with 80k, but no documentation, a mechanic put it in in his spare time, no contact information for machanic, etc.

Says drives great, no probs. etc., everything working, cruises ok at 65-70, oil and fluids recnetly changed, new tires, new radiator when engine installed, etc. Rust appears to be surface, which I could grind out and retouch. But wondering how those particular spots began rusting...

Looks like a good deal; acc. to price guidelines, should be worth about 7k, right? (maybe less because a popup?)

Anyway, I'm hoping to resell as is at least to recoup my expenses, so will probably list w/2.1k reserve, or may do some remodeling: like taking out bench seat and converting that to a fold-down dinette w/front and rear facing seats; a translucent plexi wall to separate toilet area, and perhaps a wrap-around shower curtain for privacy? maybe also an outdoor shower, or maybe take out some of the kitchen counter and move stuff to make room for a bath area?

wondering if the fridge is 3-way and if so how it vents.

also considering a window on that back wall, some way to fashion a screen door for back door...

any suggestions/ideas about any of this? esp. where to get those ceiling mount shower rings?

any thing I should watch out for w/this?

can contact direct at tlavazzi@yahoo.com

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

good luck on your find. the problem you have is that most peep not that interested first because it is not 4wd which was what bandits were noted for building. then the rear axle is based on the weaker 4cycl axle. not a full floating axle or the v6 axle which is stronger. I believe the fridge is only a two way that is why I did not see an exhaust on them. but other then that it is fairly fine vehicle for traveling.

• 3 months later...

Delete your prior message when replying to post.

I'm a little confused. Are you reselling it or not? Bought for 2k and hope to sell for 7k. I think thats quite high for a pop-up. Driving from nd-ny sounds like fun. You should find out alot from that drive.