Chinook Vin Location?

sepling

Just bought a 1978 Chinook Newport and am having issues finding the VIN number for registration.

The previous title lists the VIN found on the camper shell from Chinook-- I found that plate by the door. However, there has got to be a toyota VIN somewhere on this beast. It's not on the dash. Any ideas? I need two matching VINs on the vehicle to register it. I'm located in Oregon.

Oh, and it failed emissions-- so have to get that sorted out as well.

Thanks!

Sean

Just bought a 1978 Chinook Newport and am having issues finding the VIN number for registration.

The previous title lists the VIN found on the camper shell from Chinook-- I found that plate by the door. However, there has got to be a toyota VIN somewhere on this beast. It's not on the dash. Any ideas? I need two matching VINs on the vehicle to register it. I'm located in Oregon.

Thanks!

Sean

Howdy Sean...

Open the hood. At the back of the engine compartment right in the middle of the firewall is a plate. That should be the vin. Hope this helps.

John

Howdy Sean...

Open the hood. At the back of the engine compartment right in the middle of the firewall is a plate. That should be the vin. Hope this helps.

John

Found a plate on the inner drivers side fender that has some information but no VIN. Any other places?

Shoprat's right should be a plate riveted to the fire wall. Lots of numbers I believe it starts with JT. If you find it rub a pencil over a piece of paper on top of the numbers. I don't think they will just take a copy of the numbers.

Hey Sean, I've recently purchased a '78 Chinook Newport as well. I have no idea where the vin is, but thats not why I'm writing.

She came mostly gutted and I have since finished that job. Looking at a complete remodel, from the fiberglass up, and am curious of the original layout. I'd also love some pics of the exterior door knobs, as mine came with a very crappy "aftermarket" cob job. Look forward to seeing some pics of your rig. Kevin

Thanks!

Sean