anyone know anygood deals on a 1986 toyota escaper transmission

the tranny is shot in my 86 escaper. my rv wont go backwards anymore and right before this happend the whole thing shook horribly all over going into and out of stops. anyone know where to find a reliable cheapo? eventually i want to convert this little beast into a manual deisil but right now i would be happy with it just moving so i can focus more on interior and body for the next year or so.

Edited by haze

I would try some one local they are pretty heavy shipping might be pricey. Try a local independent shop they maybe able to rebuild it cheaper them you can buy one and have it shipped. They have not made that transmission in quite awhile so finding a used one with low mileage/use is going to be hard. If you get a used one and it has problems or buy a rebuilt and it does not work right you are going to be stuck with shipping twice some thing to think about.

I would try some one local they are pretty heavy shipping might be pricey. Try a local independent shop they maybe able to rebuild it cheaper them you can buy one and have it shipped. They have not made that transmission in quite awhile so finding a used one with low mileage/use is going to be hard. If you get a used one and it has problems or buy a rebuilt and it does not work right you are going to be stuck with shipping twice some thing to think about.

i tend to be rather handy when i got's to be any step by step literature on rebuilding these things or anything of this sort

i tend to be rather handy when i got's to be any step by step literature on rebuilding these things or anything of this sort

Look up at the top of this forum. There is a pinned post about rebuilding these trannys. Good luck with it.

John

You have got nothing to lose go for it! They are not a hard rebuild the key word is "CLEAN" every thing spotless or the yuck inside will come back to haunt you. Unless you should be working instead of working on your transmission your labor bill will be $00. The pinned trans rebuild is a pretty good read it should help you through the rebuild.