hi im pretty sure they fired the furnace up when i bought rv the thermostat may have been switched and left on for a month or so when not operating furnace i can slightly smell gas from outside vent theres a top and bottom i believe bottom looks like vent and top is to ignite piliot but i cant get this to happen, have no manual any troubleshooting appreaciated

hi im pretty sure they fired the furnace up when i bought rv the thermostat may have been switched and left on for a month or so when not operating furnace i can slightly smell gas from outside vent theres a top and bottom i believe bottom looks like vent and top is to ignite piliot but i cant get this to happen, have no manual any troubleshooting appreaciated

It should have an electronic igniter no pilot light. They run for some time to purge any gas that may have been in the chamber before they even begin to try to light. There is a switch inside that senses air flow if it is not great enough the gas valve will not open and it will sit there and run until you turn the thermostat off. I would suggest that you plug it in to the house power and try it if the battery is not charged enough the fan may not turn fast enough to trip the switch.