1989 toyota v6 winnebago tuneup

Guest savannahann

I'm bringing my Toyota V6 winnebago in for a tuneup tomorrow.It has 130,000 miles on it and running good.I've owned it for 2+ years and have no idea what's been done on it.My primary mechanic will do the plugs,wires,gas filter,cap and rotor as well as the fan belt.He doesn't want to touch the timing belt for fear of hurting my engine even though I've read it's a "non interference engine".That's fine,I don't do things I'm not comfortable with.Does anyone know if this model has a timing belt or chain?Thanks.Rob

I'm bringing my Toyota V6 winnebago in for a tuneup tomorrow.It has 130,000 miles on it and running good.I've owned it for 2+ years and have no idea what's been done on it.My primary mechanic will do the plugs,wires,gas filter,cap and rotor as well as the fan belt.He doesn't want to touch the timing belt for fear of hurting my engine even though I've read it's a "non interference engine".That's fine,I don't do things I'm not comfortable with.Does anyone know if this model has a timing belt or chain?Thanks.Rob

It has a belt and it should be changed with that kind of mileage do the water pump too it's driven by the timing belt cheaper to do it with the belt then later.

Guest savannahann

It has a belt and it should be changed with that kind of mileage do the water pump too it's driven by the timing belt cheaper to do it with the belt then later.

Guest savannahann

Thanks Maineah,We just came back from Maine,Bar harbor/Stockton Springs area with the camper.I'll work on getting that done.Best,Rob

Guest savannahann

Thanks Maineah,We just came back from Maine,Bar harbor/Stockton Springs area with the camper.I'll work on getting that done.Best,Rob

I just saw the rally posting.I wish I would have seen it sooner,I love New Hampshire and would have liked to come up.I've spent many an adventure hiking the Whites and just enjoying your neck of the woods.