Things that go squeak in the night

lagreen

Hi All,

I have a 1993 toyota Dolphin. On the last night of a perfectly wonderful trip with old friends I was awakened by a mouse help.gif that had invaded MY space. Are there any particular access points that I need to get closed up or do I just have to crawl around everywhere looking for gaps.

The lady I bought the camper from had an unopened bag of steel wool pads in one of the compartments that she kept there to "keep the mice out, because they don't like steel wool". Now, I do know that it is not a magic repellent and that you do have to plug the holes with it. I was just wondering If you all know where the most usual access points are.blush.gif

Thanks,

Barb

Where water, sewer, gas lines go through the floor.

Refer, furnace, water heater doors/vents (screen them)

Electric connect box (leaves a nice hole and ladder for them when you are plugged in). The only way to eliminate this one is to go with a marine inlet.

They can get in from the engine compartment. Check where the AC line and wiring goes through the firewall.

They can get in through the cab cowling vent into the heater box (keep unit on recirculate)

Any holes/gaps can be stuffed with butyl putty tape (they hate this stuff).

If you can put bait boxes in safe locations you can use poison but if you kill one it will get stinky for a few weeks (pew)

I've never had a mouse get into any of my RVs but I can't seem to keep them out of the heater box on my Toyota pickup for some reason.

The steel wool is to plug the hole with.

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't even have and land lines down where I was parked, just 4 tires. These little guys are really motivated. Will get to work on plugging the gaps and will keep traps onboard.

thanks,

Barb

Bajadulce,

Wow, that was some scary reading. w00t.gif We have had Hanta virus in our area. Guess I won't store the Dolphin at my brothers ranch this winter. I had stored a travel trailer with no problems, but can keep the motorhome in the driveway if I have too. Don't see too many mice in town here. I'll be patching every hole I can find in the motorhome as soon as I get my next day off.

Thanks again

Barb