selling/trading 21ft Dolphin, for truck and cabover

so I love my dolphin Dearly,

my partner and I and our kitty lived out of it for almost 2 years.

but now we have to part our ways and need to find ourselves with a good pickup truck (so I can do farm/garden work in OR) and a cabover so we can still travel/camp...

does toyota make any cabovers? or is this just a whole new ballgame that im stepping into?

am currious on how to decide what to trade it for, or if I sell the RV, then what to buy lol

Your probably moving out of the small Toyota pickup range. You would need a Tundra to carry a decent cabover camper.

If you thought your Toyota MH was small you haven't seen nuttin yet. You might look at a small 5th wheel trailer.

The recent clunker program has taken a lot of low priced large pickups off the market and good used ones are going up in $$.

Good luck

Sunrader made slide in campers, similar in size to their 18' RVs

They are difficult to locate if you want one but when they come up for sale they are not very expensive.

Get a 1 ton Toyota pickup truck (dual rear wheel axle with a bed on it) and the Sunrader camper will slide right in (and out). You can get side jacks and raise it and drive out then when you want to move on just back under it, lower the jacks, lock it down, and head out

200353618855BUj6iCwmkKGrHgoOKjMEjlL.jpg

To give you an idea of pricing I found a closed craigslist of a Sunrader slide in being sold in California for $150 (attached the add). When they come up they are usually reasonable but you have to be looking when they show up and you have to be timely to get one. Usually someone will just want it GONE as they have sold their truck and it is sitting in their yard.

post-794-12515838140316_thumb.gif