i have the front brakes apart am going to put new front wheel bearings and seals in. toy has 105,400 mles on original brakes, question is -where do i get good quality brake pads. went to toyota and was told the pads they have probable wont last as long. my original pads still have a lot of live but would like to start anew, then wont have to tear apart and clean in a couple of years. any thoughs would be appreciated. Darrel

i have the front brakes apart am going to put new front wheel bearings and seals in. toy has 105,400 mles on original brakes, question is -where do i get good quality brake pads. went to toyota and was told the pads they have probable wont last as long. my original pads still have a lot of live but would like to start anew, then wont have to tear apart and clean in a couple of years. any thoughs would be appreciated. Darrel

Wow I never heard of a dealer not wanting to sell you some thing! Get the Toyota ones they have all the little hardware parts with after market ones you just get pads.

In the past I have always used Axxis Metal Master pads but they no longer make these for the older Toyota trucks.

You can go over what they offer on this site (good pricing also)

http://www.buybrakes.com/axxis/

Thanks for the responce about brake parts. I ended up buying pads from toyota but could not find the brake pad shims. toyota had #'s but the part is no longer available. will put old shims back in with the silicone looking stuff-orange color. Darrel