Hello

I have a 1984 Toyota Savannah 20 Ft RV with 22r 4cly and Manual 4 speed Transmission. It haves 77K Miles

I would like to get it some more power out of the 22r. I am debating between Electric Fan kit or a Weber Card kit (GENUINE WEBER 36 SYNCHRO CARBURETOR or Genuine Weber 38 DGES Hi Perf Carburetor). The Electric Fan Kit cost around $110.00 and the carb kits cost around $300.00. Which one would be the best for the money.

I would also like to add a tachometer any Suggestions

Thank you

Philip

I think you'll see the biggest gain with the carb. the stock one leaves a bit to be desired. How is your state about emissions?

Hello

I have a 1984 Toyota Savannah 20 Ft RV with 22r 4cly and Manual 4 speed Transmission. It haves 77K Miles

I would like to get it some more power out of the 22r. I am debating between Electric Fan kit or a Weber Card kit (GENUINE WEBER 36 SYNCHRO CARBURETOR or Genuine Weber 38 DGES Hi Perf Carburetor). The Electric Fan Kit cost around $110.00 and the carb kits cost around $300.00. Which one would be the best for the money.

I would also like to add a tachometer any Suggestions

Thank you

Philip

Stick with the 32/36 dgev you'll be much happier, the 38mm is not so user friendly on the street and your fuel mileage will suffer. You will probably gain the most with the carb swap compared to the electric fan setup, for what its worth I had an electric 14" 2600cfm "S" blade puller on mine for a short time and it ran 10-15 degrees hotter than with the stock clutch fan setup, plus if you have cab AC it needs to be wired through a relay to come on full any time the AC is turned on or you will have problems.

Any tach that you like the looks of and can find a suitable mounting spot for should work, most are compatible for 4/6/8 cylinder engines, another option is to find a SR5 dash cluster with the factory tach and gauges and swap out the cluster and appropriate senders for that built-in look.

As Greg mentioned a high output ignition is good but for normal use nothing wrong with the stock unit either, and cams can add some power but seem to work best as a package upgrade, the weber carb, a improved cam and some free flowing exhaust is worth a little extra go power any day if the law allows it in your area.